[Matroska-users] Support for Dolby TrueHD audio tracks in Haali Media Splitter

Torben Knerr derukio at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 13:54:21 CET 2009

Hi all,

it seems that Dolby TrueHD tracks are currently not supported by Haali Media
Splitter (http://haali.net/mkv/),
meaning that it will not be recognized when the media is played with a
DirectShow based player. Most other
audo formats (also HD formats such as DTS-HD) are correctly recognized.

By now I have read through numerous forums regarding BluRay/HD-DVD support
(and especially TrueHD audio
tracks) with Haali Media Splitter. It seems to me that TrueHD support is one
of the most requested features
for Haali, but for sure this is only an assumption based on what I have read
so far.

I have noticed that there was a new release of Haali in January, but
unfortunately this was not part of the release :-(

Is there any chance that Dolby TrueHD audio tracks will be supported by
Haali Media Splitter in the near future?

Thank you and best regards,
Torben