[Matroska-users] mkv file playback

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 18:24:11 CEST 2009

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM, c den hartog <dvdmovieman at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hello
>
> I`m using subtittle workshop and for the stand alone program you need to
> install some codecs for playback using .
> Now i have bin searching on the web for a small codec that does the job,
> just playback.
> But although (see below) the codec package shout be enough, it gives no
> playback. Only sound.
> The file is a mkv and checkt bij GSPOT codec information.
>
> What am i missing

You're missing a codec. All you have is a piece of software to make programs
on your computer understand how to read a Matroska file, but not the data
inside the file.

What you likely need is either a DivX/XviD/MPEG-4 or H.264 codec. The
easiest way to get that is probably to grab a more complete codec pack, like
the Community Combined Codec Package (CCCP), or to download them
individually.