[Matroska-users] Haali MKV splitter

Daniel Bendiksen spambox at smalltowncomputers.com
Fri Jun 12 06:52:42 CEST 2009

I have been trying to find a way to edit MKV files (I'd like to convert them
to lighter bandwidth for viewing on my PPC device).

I'd like to convert them to 640x480 in XviD, and clip the credits and MGM
leader logos out of it.

I've traditionally done this using VirtualDub...

Given that I've got the correct codecs installed to decode h264 data...

Is there a way to remux MKV streams directly into the more limited (but more
editable) AVI container?

I've tried using GraphEdit and connecting the Haali MKV file reader/splitter
directly to the AVI Mux filter, but it won't allow me to connect the pins
directly.

Can anyone help me out further in my quest?

Thank you! :)