[Matroska-users] Lost index on merge?

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jul 21 21:16:12 CEST 2009

Hey,

first make sure that the file/video track really has no index. This can
be checked with mkvinfo with at least two "-v -v" for more verbose
output. Look for the 'cues'; they're stored near the end of the file
(before the 'meta seek' entries).

While you're at it you should check whether or not the video track
actually contains I frames; mkvinfo's output will tell you that as well.

There are only two reasons why there would be no index: 1. the user has
used the "--no-cues" option and 2. no I frames are detected in the video
track.

Regards,
Mosu