[Matroska-users] Jittery Playback With Haali Media Splitter on Zoom Player

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at 24hourloop.com
Sun Jul 19 07:07:53 CEST 2009

Depending upon your video pipe certain video my simply not play back find at
full HD resolution. There is, for example, the well-known 'killa sample'
(flock of birds) which decodes poorly and brings most machines to their
knees.

/re

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Ivan Kowalenko
<ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Sean Gore <seangores at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  Hi, I am a Zoom WMV professional user, and I am experiencing issues with
>> playback using your product (Haali Media Splitter).  Whenever I open (play)
>> an MP4, MKV, or .H264, I experience jittery, slowed playback.  I have tried
>> adjusting the video buffer, but I find that this has no effect.  All the
>> other settings have been left at “default”.
>>
>> I am using an AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3800+, 2.40 GHz with Windows Vista
>> Ultimate service pack 1.  I would like to know what is wrong with my
>> computer or my program.
>>
> I'd ordinarily say that the video you're playing back requires more CPU
> power than you're throwing at it. Though a 2.4 GHz Athlon ought to be able
> to play back H.264, even HD H.264, though depending on how much is going on
> in that video...
>
> Could you run the Matroska diagnostics on this file, so we can determine
> more of the details surrounding the file and your system? Also, try using a
> different player. Throw the MP4 into QuickTime, and both files into VLC (I
> recommend VLC 0.9.8, as opposed to 1.0) and see what happens.

> Read Matroska-Users on GMane:

/re

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition but certainty is absurd."

Voltaire