[Matroska-users] Jittery Playback With Haali Media Splitter on Zoom Player

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 18:12:50 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:14 PM, Sean Gore <seangores at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi, I am a Zoom WMV professional user, and I am experiencing issues with
> playback using your product (Haali Media Splitter).  Whenever I open (play)
> an MP4, MKV, or .H264, I experience jittery, slowed playback.  I have tried
> adjusting the video buffer, but I find that this has no effect.  All the
> other settings have been left at “default”.
>
> I am using an AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3800+, 2.40 GHz with Windows Vista
> Ultimate service pack 1.  I would like to know what is wrong with my
> computer or my program.

I'd ordinarily say that the video you're playing back requires more CPU
power than you're throwing at it. Though a 2.4 GHz Athlon ought to be able
to play back H.264, even HD H.264, though depending on how much is going on
in that video...

Could you run the Matroska diagnostics on this file, so we can determine
more of the details surrounding the file and your system? Also, try using a
different player. Throw the MP4 into QuickTime, and both files into VLC (I
recommend VLC 0.9.8, as opposed to 1.0) and see what happens.