[Matroska-users] Pixela ImageMixer and Haali Media Splitter conflict?

Fabro, Loic lfabro at microstrategy.com
Mon Jan 26 16:56:41 CET 2009

Hi,

I just installed the software that came with my new Canon digital video
camera: ImageMixer v3
As I was doing this, I also downloaded and installed (but after the
software above) K-Lite codec pack which comes with Haali Media Splitter
(I installed the "A bunch of stuff" option).

When I launch ImageMixer to "import" the videos from the camera to the
hard drive, I see the file transfer go to 100% (for the first selected
file), then the Haali Media Splitter icon flashes in the system tray and
then finally stays there but ImageMixer freezes (i.e. nothing happens
anymore).

I've read reports where folks mention that those two don't play together
and uninstalled Haali Media Splitter. I'd like to find a cure for this
problem instead. Any pointer/steps I can take to understand what's
happening so we can fix it?
Let me know if this message is better posted on the devel mailing list
(that I did not subscribe to for now).

Thanks,
Loic.