[Matroska-users] question about mkv playback

Francis Schafer fschafer at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 14 23:18:15 CET 2009

Hello, and thanks for the fabulous website.

I've installed the CCCP community pack, and downloaded the Media Player
classic.   Have some .mkv files I want to play , ideally for my plasma tv..
obviously.

The only question I have, is they all have subtitles playing along.   You
know, those annoying displays of the words they're saying at the bottom.
Is there a setting to remove that, or were these movies encoded WITH that in
them, and there's no way to get rid of it.

Thanks for any help

Francis