[Matroska-users] Problems with Haali Media Splitter

Al D azjazz1 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:06:13 CET 2009

Ivan - I have only seen the crash occur with H.264 *.mpg files, but not on *.mkv files yet. It may occur on .mkv files too, but I haven't seen it. However, if HMS is not installed and I try to play any HD .mpg file in Window Media Player or VLC, I get an error that the player "doesn't understand the format". Installing HMS fixes this problem, but then I get the win32 exceptions.

Loic - I tried installing HMS without the shell extensions, but that didn't seem to make a difference.

Al