[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 2.9.8 released
rporetti at cogeco.ca
Thu Aug 13 22:18:37 CEST 2009
Thank you Mosu!!
From: matroska-users-bounces at lists.matroska.org [mailto:matroska-users-bounces at lists.matroska.org] On Behalf Of Moritz Bunkus
Sent: August 13, 2009 3:52 PM
To: matroska-users at lists.matroska.org
Subject: [Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 2.9.8 released
I've released mkvtoolnix v2.9.8. This release contains contains the usual mix of bug fixes and smaller enhancements. The most prominent enhancement is probably the big speed-up in mmg's header editor for parsing existing files.
Here are the usual links...
...to the home page:
...to the source code:
...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
All binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.
Here's the full ChangeLog since release 2.9.7:
2009-08-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v2.9.8.
* mmg: bug fix: The inputs for timecode files and the language are
deactivated if the user has selected a track that will be appended
to another track. Fix for bug 432.
2009-08-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: mmg will handle multiple consecutive spaces in the
options given with "add command line options" properly and not
cause mkvmerge to exit with misleading error messages anymore. The
"add command line options" dialog has been reordered, and the drop
down box in it is now read-only. Fixes for bug 429.
* doc, mmg: bug fix: The tooltip and documentation for the 'delay'
option was misleading. Fix for bug 420.
2009-07-31 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg/header editor: enhancement: Implemented a considerable
speedup in the processing of large files.
2009-07-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg/header editor: bug fix: The header editor copes better with
files that do not contain all mandatory header fields. The missing
ones are added or assumed to be default values.
2009-07-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* all: bug fix: Selecting the translations with the
"--ui-language" option did not work on Mac OS X.
2009-07-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed an invalid memory access in the VobSub
reader module. Fix for bug 426.
* mmg: bug fix: Tracks added from Matroska files did not get their
'default track' drop down box set correctly if the flag was 'off'
in the source file and no other track of its kind hat its 'default
track' flag set.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge was wrongly turning the 'default
track' flag back on for the first subtitle track muxed from a
Matroska file if none of the subtitle tracks muxed had their
'default track' flag set in their source files and if the user
didn't use the '--default-track' option for setting that flag
2009-07-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Running mkvmerge on Windows from an installation
directory with two spaces in the path (e.g. "C:\Program
Files\Video tools\mkvtolnix") crashed mmg when the user started
muxing. Fix for bug 419.
2009-07-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Files for which all tracks were disabled were left
out from mkvmerge's command line so that tags, chapters and
attachments were not copied from such files either.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Appending MPEG4 part 2 video tracks from
Matroska files which contain aspect ratio information will not
result in an error message "connected_to > 0" anymore. Fix for bug
2009-07-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the audio sync for tracks read from AVI
files containing garbage at the beginning. Fix for bug 421.
* mmg: bug fix: Trying to save chapters that contain editions
without a single chapter entry does no longer result in a crash
but a descriptive error message instead. Saving empty chapters to
a Matroska file will remove all chapters contained in the file
instead of not doing anything. Fixes for bug 422.
2009-07-05 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvinfo: enhancement: Implemented speed-ups of up to 50% for
middle to larger files.
2009-07-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed reading AVC/h.264 video tracks from OGM
files. Fix for bug 418.
* mmg: bug fix: The chapter language for chapters copied from
source files (e.g. Matroska, MP4 or OGM files) is only changed if
the user has selected any language other than "und". Fix for bug
* mmg: bug fix: mmg will no longer show an error message if the
user has not selected a country in the "chapters" tab of the
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
More information about the Matroska-users