[Matroska-users] SEEKING ADVICE

Huntern Shu Huntern.Shu at liteonit.com
Thu Aug 13 11:48:14 CEST 2009

Dear Sir/ Madam:

I am writing on behalf of an electronic playback device maker in Asia.  My
company is dwelling upon the idea of creating some video playback device
which might need to incorporate the MKV source code for encoding and
decoding.  I understand that MKV format is developed by the Martroska
Development Team and currently licensed under the GNU L-GPL.  In addition,
there are libraries available under the BSD license for commercial
adoption.  It is my belief that basically the use of MKV source code, even
for commercial development purpose, is free, but for further assurance
purpose, I wonder if I can get some advice in that regard from the
Development Team.

I will be very grateful to receive your prompt guidance with respect to my
general question above.  Look forward to hearing your expert opinions.

Huntern Shu

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient (or have
received this e-mail in error), please notify the sender immediately and
delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution
of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.