[Matroska-users] (no subject)

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 13:16:37 CEST 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 03.22, kylian wijk wrote:

> Hello,
>
> To install MKV codec pack I will be guided towards this website.
> http://www.cccp-project.net/

> This is a suspicious site according to McAfee.

We don't actually maintain that. You could get the Haali splitter
directly from the developer, if you so wanted, but you'll still
probably need DivX, XviD, H.264, AAC, Vorbis, AC3 and possibly one or
two other codecs which you'll have to hunt down individually. Speaking
from experience, however, the CCCP project is highly reliable. I've
installed their codec/splitter pack on several computers personally
and I've never had any issues come up with it, even from the strangest
virus scanners. In fact, I think Google actually has a link to them
somewhere on one of their pages. Otherwise, you're kind of on your own
for Googling for each individual codec and container demuxer, or you
could install VLC (http://www.videolan.org) and bypass the entire
system.