[Matroska-users] MKV Subtitles

Hagen Wierstorf kakaduh at gmx.de
Tue Oct 28 22:13:43 CET 2008

An answer for MPlayer:

For new files you can set the "default track flag" for your subtitle
within mmg. In this case MPlayer shows the subtitles automatically. On
the commandline it would be --default-track 3:yes, if track 3 is your
subtitle track.

If you set the flag to no, MPlayer shows no subtitles. But you can force
MPlayer to do so. Just set your subtitlelanguage on the commandline:

mplayer -slang eng file.mkv

This works for me on Fedora 9.

/Hagen