[Matroska-users] Ask for some MKV clips

salsaman at xs4all.nl salsaman at xs4all.nl
Mon May 5 17:33:17 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 5, 2008 17:18, Ivan Kowalenko wrote:
> At the moment, I'm pretty sure all that exists is "converted" content.
> Some of it may have been done in a very fine-grained sort of way (the
> producer kicked out elemental streams and muxed them with MKVMerge) or in
> a more automated sort of way (the producer used a more conventional
> container for synced audio and video, but everything else was muxed in).
>
> Unfortunately, this is due to the fact that very few programs support
> Matroska as a destination container. It's common practice at this time to
> produce Matroska files using one of the two methods listed above, but
> telling which is which is not an easy task.
>
> *******************
> Ivan Kowalenko
> p: 612-670-1142
> p: 856-270-6049
> e: ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com

LiVES has had matroska support for over 2 years now.

The link I posted earlier for videos contains original (not converted) clips.

There is also an original mkv I made as a demo (x264/vorbis) here:
http://lives.rm.org/demos/flyingskunk.mkv

You might want to bookmark the links for future reference.

Regards,
Salsaman.
http://lives.sf.net