[Matroska-users] Preserve exact timing in archived DVDs

J7N j7n at balticom.lv
Mon May 26 12:52:00 CEST 2008

Hi. My goal is to make lossless copies of Video DVDs. I've chosen the
computer friendly Matroska format because it's seekable and can have
subtitles. Lately I've become quite paranoid about audio delay. I suspect
that my processing adds it in amount of 1 or 2 video frames. Problem is I
can't tell for sure if it's there and it drives me crazy. I'll post my
processing chain:

DVD Decrypter (read) -> DVDShrink (split by titles, choose streams in
re-author mode) -> SubRip (recognize graphical subs) -> MkvToolNix MMG

Are the MPEG-2 PS read capabilities of MkvMerge well tested?

--
J7N