[Matroska-users] mkv-divx

J7N j7n at balticom.lv
Mon Jun 16 20:32:22 CEST 2008

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:08:26 +0300, pavka domm <pavel0375 at mail.ru> wrote:

> Господа экперементаторы с видеоформатами.
> Как перегнать mkv в divx, ссылка на вашу чудо программу MKVToolnix
> мёртвая
> http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-unicode-2.0.0-setup.exe

The version 2.0.0 of MkvToolNix has since been superceded by v2.2.0. But
anyway this program is used to convert other formats *to* Matroska. In
many cases MKV files can be converted to MP4 or AVI without any loss of
quality. If a method exists to store the streams inside your MKV file as
AVI, you can use VirtualDubMod for the conversion. But if the source video
is not MPEG-4 ASP (commonly known as DivX), you'll have to re-encode. This
requires a lot of time and causes noticable decrease in quality.

Maybe try to explain, why exactly do you need DivX format. Maybe we can
suggest how to do the task without any conversion.

P.S.: This mailing list is in English right?

--
J7N