[Matroska-users] Matroska under PCLinuxOS

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jan 6 00:31:22 CET 2008

Hey,

On Sunday 06 January 2008 00:23, Rolf Ernst wrote:

> It would appear that it does not link with the static libraries, some
> sort of error on my behalf (pardon my ignorance).

Looks like you still have old versions of libebml/libmatroska
somewhere. Try

find /usr -name '*ebml*' -o -name '*matroska*'

and remove all occurences.

Then take the following steps in this order:

1. Get a clean source tree for libebml, compile it and install it with
   "make staticlib install_headers install_staticlib". The ebml library
   should be installed in /usr/local/lib, the headers in
   /usr/local/include/ebml.

2. Do the same for libmatroska. It's important that you re-compile it
   from because it might have been linked against your shared version.

3. Do the same for mkvtoolnix. If configure complains about not finding
   libebml and/or libmatroska then try adding some parameters:

   ./configure --with-extra-includes=/usr/local/include --with-extra-libs=/usr/local/lib

Regards,
Mosu