[Matroska-users] mkv files via cyberlink power dvd

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 09:22:06 CET 2008

The problem is you're using the wrong tool for the wrong job. PowerDVD's speciality is MPEG-2 demuxing and decoding, it was never meant for anything else. Try a more versitile media player like VLC (http://www.videolan.org). VLC is open source (so it's free) and has built-in support for Matroska (from chapters to multiple tracks, everything except extensive metadata and menus, but I've yet to see an MKV with menus or any documentation on how to produce one, so no worry there) as well as open source implementations of all major codecs (though I'd avoid VC1 in VLC, that's still experimental, but no one distributes VC1 in MKVs because there's so little support, so again, no worry there).