[Matroska-users] Re: delete file? (Sven Rieke)

Sven Rieke sven.rieke at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 14:38:12 CET 2008

> > i have a lilte problem here, i can't delete a matroska file in my
> > computer, could u please show me dow to delete it? regards...
> Maybe the thumbnail view in your explorer is activated, and now it is
> tring to load the MKV file all the time, rejecting access to delete it.
> Simply boot your computer into safe mode (press F8 during booting), and
> you will be able to delete it without problems. Then try to deactivate
> thumbnail view in your Windows Explorer setttings for the future.

Often you just have to wait a while until the explorer process releases its
access handles on movie files (it can also happen with other formats like
AVI).

Or you just close all explorer windows, open a DOS prompt (Windows-R ...
cmd) and issue a *del* command on the mkv file, so explorer will not lock
it.

If it doesn't work neither, you could also use the *MoveFile* utility (
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897556.aspx ) which will
delete the file on the next reboot of the system (not necessary to go into
Safe Mode).