[Matroska-users] Mkv on NAS

Brent phoenixweasel at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 22:51:00 CET 2008

I used handbrake to encode to h.264 (x264) and ac3 passthru.

Using haali's media splitter, the files play great in WMP... As long as they're on my local drive.

When I move them to my NAS, I can see that it must be parsing the whole file first before playing. The NIC use jumps way beyond the encoding rate and it takes forever to play.

The NAS is a buffalo terastation using smb/cifs.

Is this normal? Is there a setting somewhere that would turn on a "fast start" or something?

"B"