[Matroska-users] a/v sync problem after mkvmerge

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 20:11:36 CET 2008

>> I'm using eac3to via wine to demux a decrypted Blu-Ray disc, and then
>> mkvmerge to mux the separate audio and video files.  I'm using eac3to
>> with 2 passes so it uses the gap information.
>>
>> The mkv I end up with has an a/v sync problem.  Does anyone know how
>> to prevent this?
>
> Try mkvmerge on the source file directly instead of using eac3to
> inbetween. And make sure you're using the latest release which is 2.4.1
> as of last Friday.

I'm using 2.4.1 and the reason I'm using eac3to and mkvmerge is so I
can take advantage of eac3to's ability to piece together a set of
streams from a title spread across multiple non-sequential m2ts files.
 This is why I can't leave it out of the process.  Do you think eac3to
could be causing the sync problem?

- Grant