[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 2.4.1 has been released

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at 24hourloop.com
Fri Dec 5 15:32:31 CET 2008

Thanks Mosu,

I am not sure how often you hear this sort of thing but you guys managed to
produce something superior to anything the closed source  $$$ big ones could
not. Day by day as I use Matroska extensively I have come cherish it as the
container of choice.

You guys are fighting an uphill battle but continue to hold on to what most
of us consider the best solution. My hats off to you.

Keep up the good work!

/re

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 7:47 AM, Moritz Bunkus <m.bunkus at linet-services.de>wrote:

> Hey Matroska users and package maintainers,
>
> time for the next release of mkvtoolnix, 2.4.1. There's only one new
> feature: support for SRT/SSA tracks in AVI files. One important bug has
> been fixed regarding the handling of timecodes during appending which
> should fix A/V sync issues with appended tracks for most people. A
> couple of smaller bugs have been fixed as well (see below for details).
>
> Here are the usual links...
>
> ...to the home page:
> http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/
>
> ...to the source code:
>
> http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/sources/mkvtoolnix-2.4.1.tar.bz2
>
> ...to the Windows installer:
>
> http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-unicode-2.4.1-setup.exe
>
> The Linux binaries that I provide myself (Debian, Ubuntu, OpenSuSE and
> Fedora Core) have already been uploaded and are available from the home
> page.
>
> Starting with this release I provide pre-built packages for Fedora Core
> 10 (i386 and x86_64 architectures).
>
> Here's the full ChangeLog since release 2.4.0:

> 2008-12-04  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>        * Released v2.4.1.
>
>        * Build system: bug fix: Configure does not use "uname -m" for the
>        detection of the Boost libraries anymore but configure's "$target"
>        environment variable. This fixes the Boost detection for cross
>        compilation builds. Fix for bug 311. Patch by Dominik Mierzejewski
>        (see AUTHORS).
>
> 2008-12-03  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>        * mkvmerge: bug fix: PCM audio tracks bigger than approximately 8
>        GB were cut off after approximately 8 GB.
>
> 2008-12-02  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>        * mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge recognizes SRT subtitle files with
>        timecodes that contain spaces between the colons and the digits
>        and timecodes whose numbers are not exactly two or three digits
>        long.
>
> 2008-11-28  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>        * mmg: bug fix: mmg processes window events much more often during
>        muxing.
>
>        * all: Updated the language code list from the offical ISO 639-2
>        standard.
>
> 2008-11-04  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>        * mmg: bug fix: Split timecodes with more than three decimals were
>        not allowed even though the docs say that they are. They are now,
>        as mkvmerge supports such timecodes.
>
> 2008-11-03  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>        * mkvmerge: bug fix: Changed the way mkvmerge calculates the
>        timecodes when appending files. Should result in better
>        audio/video synchronization.
>
>        * mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for reading SRT and SSA/ASS
>        subtitles from AVI files (fix for bug 64).
>
> 2008-11-01  Moritz Bunkus  <moritz at bunkus.org>
>
>        * mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge's LZO compressor would segfault if
>        mkvmerge was compiled against v2 of the LZO library and the v1 LZO
>        headers were not present.

> [...]

/re

"This isn't meant to last. This is for right now."
-=-Trent Reznor