[Matroska-users] .mkv converter

Rolf Ernst rolf.ernst at 24hourloop.com
Wed Dec 3 18:27:30 CET 2008

Demux the file with mkvextract. Then use whatever tools is appropriate to
multiplex the resulting streams into AVI /WMV format. Virtualdub would work
for AVI. This assumes that the codec that you used for the mkv files is
compatible with your target platform.

Mkvextract can show you the types of streams you have in the Matroska file.

/re

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 1:52 PM, David Lindau <lindau at live.se> wrote:

>  Hello.
>
> To start with i would like to congratulate u for a perfectly made "new
> format".
>
> Now for my question. I would like to know if you have or could recomend any
> good working program that can convert existing movies with the .mkv
> extension,
> a program that doesnt do any big damage to the quality to the "copy"
> movie.  The reason i need this kind of program is that unfortunately the
> console Playstation 3 doesnt support .mkv extensions and i am
> downloading a bunch of HD movies. I would like to convert from .mkv to wmv
> avi etc without loosing any quality. Just so i can see the movies on my Ps3.
>

> Cincerly/  A swedish N00B =)

> Read Matroska-Users on GMane:

/re

"Nothing is more terrible than the murder of a beautiful theory by a gang of
ugly facts."
--
Unknown