[Matroska-users] create matroska instantly

Steve Lhomme slhomme at matroska.org
Thu Apr 3 13:50:00 CEST 2008

tyggrysio wrote:
> hi,
>   Sorry, my fault - word misuse :) I thought about muxing "in fly".
> Steve Lhomme wrote that matroska is capable... maybe you have some
> hints how to do this? I've seen that some information in EBML header
> are filled later - so in case stream output it is not possible; maybe
> some fake value should be put there?

As I said there might not be existing tools to do that.
libebml/libmatroska would be able to create such streams and read them.
But it needs the app on top...

Basically for such a stream the Segment has an "infinite" size (-1). And
obviously some things like Cues can't be used since the location is not
known beforehand...

Steve