[Matroska-users] matroska streaming and segment linking

tyggrysio tyggrysio at gazeta.pl
Thu Apr 3 13:08:35 CEST 2008

hi,
  I know that there are three kind of segment linking, but I haven't
found if all segments must exists while linked segment is playing.
I would like to create a matroska stream, so I need to send first
segment, then second segment and so on... Will all segments be played
one by one by default? If no, I must link those segments, but when I
am creating first segment I can create also second segment's UID, but
this segment does not exist yet - so there could be a problem if video
player would try to find it.
Is there any special element/tag to make a video player to play video
segment by segment (when the segment starts playing, the next one does
not yet exist)? Or maybe it is done by default?

Monika