[Matroska-users] MKV to vob or mpeg

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 17:45:10 CEST 2007

VLC can do it, but its derth of options make it generally unsuitable. I don't know if any good Windows programs for the job, but there are some cross-platform tools that have Windows ports like FFMPEG (I'm sure there's a graphical front-end for it for Windows) and MPlayer (http://mplayerhq.hu).

I'm guessing since you want VOBs that you're trying to export media to DVD, in which case I know of DVDSanta, which costs about $30 and will do the job nicely, but I've never used it. Coincidentally I'm in the same boat, in that I'm trying to use a Windows machine to produce a DVD, but I already have tools.

I hope you get the answer you need.