[Matroska-users] Matroska playback on Linux & Mac OS X

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Oct 8 17:59:31 CEST 2007

Hi,

Matroska is not a codec. It has been supported by default in MPlayer and
VLC for years now. There might be some codec stored in matroska that
don't play in these (but not very many). But that's not really
matroska's fault.

For OS X there is also Perian that enables matroska playback in Quicktime.

Steve