[Matroska-users] Create .mkv

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 12:28:40 CET 2007

On Nov 5, 2007, at 03.58, roxanne wrote:

> Use DVD Santa,and for the tough ones,(not as good quality though,)
> VSO Convert X to DVD.

Last I was aware, those programs only converted to DVD, not from
Windows Media to Matroska, which was the intent. Furthermore, I don't
believe either of those programs are free (as the original poster
requested)

> Also, get your codecs from the official site.

This is very difficult, and depends on the codec. Generally, the
Community Combined Codec Pack from Google is recommended, since its
codecs tend to be rather official and up-to-date. I believe, however,
that the poster mentioned that he/she attempted this several times.