[Matroska-users] Question regarding MKV

Chris Spencer spencercw at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 3 14:10:04 CET 2007

Sarreti Balazs wrote:
> Dear Matroska Team,
>

> I am have got a little question/problem:
>

> If I  have a video in MKV with the following details:
>
> Video #0
>
> Codec : MPEG-4 AVC
>
> Codec/Info : MPEG4 ISO advanced profile
>
> Length : 1h 39min
>
> Width : 1280 Pixel
>
> Height : 544 Pixel
>
> Aspect ratio : 2.35
>
> FPS : 23.976 FPS
>

> Audio #0
>
> Codec : AC3
>
> Codec/Info : Dolby AC3
>
> Channels : 6 Channels
>
> Samplingrate : 48 KHz
>

> Is there a fast way to convert/extract the video to the Playstation 3
> friendly format MPEG-4 AVC?? I used Ultra MP4 Video Converter, but this took
> 8 hours of work. Is there a faster way? Thank you for your help and great
> work!
>

> Best regards,
>

> Sarreti Balazs

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I assume you just want to
convert it to avi without transcoding it. I'm a command line junkie so
I don't know of any GUI way to do this, but using MEncoder you should
simply be able to do this:

mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy in.mkv -o out.avi

Hope this helps.