[Matroska-users] Matroska format and DShow

TheBox thebox at obwando.com
Wed Nov 7 06:50:59 CET 2007

I was working with the Haali DShow reader and mux for input and output.

If I alter any of the data in the sample with another filter then reverse
it, it works perfect.

[Haali input (video)] à [My Filter scramble] à [My filter unscramble]
à[FFDShow or Core AVC] à[Haali Mux/File or renderer] (video plays fine)

[Haali input (video)] à [My Filter scramble] à [My filter unscramble]
à[Haali Mux/File or renderer] (playback result works)

However if I output to a file and split this up, it causes issues.

[Haali input (video)] à [My Filter scramble] à[Haali Mux File]

[Haali input(scrambled) (video)] à  [My filter unscramble] à[FFDShow or Core
AVC] à[Haali Mux/File or renderer]

It seems that the output mux is looking the data itself versus the
surrounding container and altering the size of the frame itself from the
Block within the segment. So when its written out, the reader then reads the
data size as much shorter, and resulting in a failed payload.

>From what I can see the input stream is sending the frame itself forth which
is fine. If I look in the original file, everything makes sense. However if
I change any of the data payload itself and remux it, the headers change for
the output side with bad info (short frame sizes).

Any thoughts?

Thanks