[Matroska-users] ATSC MPEG-2 Transport Stream Haali Splitter vs Purevideo

jdogsolo at comcast.net jdogsolo at comcast.net
Sat May 19 06:36:52 CEST 2007

toallof those out there. i have downloaded evey player outhere. as of now the one that wipes your nose and rear is media player classic. but you need to go into the menu  under options right click, and open ,read,enable each feature . i turned japanese into english by changing filter,etc.
good luck
--
boon

From: "Luke Stepniowski" <rrluke at tampabay.rr.com>

To summarize first without going into much detail it seems that the latest version of the Haali Media Splitter introduced a bug in 1.7.152.18 that causes audio sync when using the Purevideo MPEG-2 decoder 1.02-223. The audio sync problem is not present when using the Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder 6.0.0.3402. This sync issue between Purevideo and Haali was not present in previous Haali Media Splitter version 1.7.121.0 but this version has issues PQ related issues. This issues all seem related to 1080i transport streams as 720p streams don't seem to have any noticeable problems but I haven't done enough testing to confirm this 100% as a true statement.

I'll give with a little bit of background to give of what I'm dealing with and with. I'm trying to come up with a DirectShow filter combination that allows reliable playback of ATSC MPEG-2 Transport Streams (.TS) captured from a HDHomerun from QAM cable. I'm running Comskip (http://www.kaashoek.com/comskip/) on these captures which identifies commercials and outputs a chapter file marking commercials by the frame numbers in the stream. The issue I'm having with every source/splitter combination for TS with the exception of Haali is that it seems that frame numbers aren't accurate which makes the comskip generated chapter point off by 5-15 seconds in my DirectShow media Player (Zoomplayer Pro).

Is there any possibility to having Haali working with the Purevideo decoder? I'm able to provide sample video files on a fast server and I'm willing to perform any additional testing requested to come up with a solution for this. I appreciate any assistance provided.

-luke