[Matroska-users] how to change the position of the subtitle?

Géraldine gigi330709 at yahoo.fr
Sat Mar 10 11:25:25 CET 2007

Hello,

I am discovering
the MKV and all its possibilities. That's working really fine and I am really
happy about it but ... I am wondering about the position of the
subtitles.

I have several
movies with the subtitles displayed too high on the screen and I was wondering
what are the solution to change that.

I have tried with
several players (Media player, Core player) and their options offered but I
didn't succed (I also haven't add any special filters).

I guess that it is
because the subtitles themselves are a part of a container and not a separate
file (like an AVI + .srt for example) and that there is a big chance that I have
to modify directly the MKV itself...

May I ask you to
explain me a little bit about that and what solution I can use to modify the
subtitles in general.

Maybe there is an easy solution in these two players but I haven't found it!
Note that I went
on the page of MKVToolnix to see the tools available but for windows, the only
release is containing mkvmerge and as far as I have seen, I cannot modify
subtitles with it... Can I?

Thanks in advance
for your answer.

Gé.