[Matroska-users] Changing the display dimensions of a video file

papa.pop at free.fr papa.pop at free.fr
Wed Jun 20 12:16:23 CEST 2007

Hello,

I have a MKV file with wrong encoded dimensions, and I want to correct thoses
values (under Linux, with command line tools if possible...)

The original file (foo.mkv) has one video track, with pixel dimensions
320x240 and display dimensions 100x100. I want to reset the display aspect
ratio to the 'physical' one, so I tried the command:

mkvmerge --display-dimensions 1:320x240 -o bar.mkv foo.mkv

which seems to give the right result (file bar.mkv has both 320x240 for pixel
and display).

Is it the best way to do it ? any side effects ?

Thanks.