[Matroska-users] To make them into a movie.

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Sat Feb 24 22:48:09 CET 2007

Tom White schrieb:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian HJ Wiesner"
> <chris at matroska.org>

How do you know ? Did you try to play these MKVs in VLC player, as i had
told you several times already ?
> I now need to extract/or whatever to make these files into a movie.
> I am not asking how to play the move, but I want to know how to make
> these files into a movie, which I will be able to play using the vlc
> player.
>> Example.
> love_actually.mkv.001
> love_actually.mkv.002
> love_actually.mkv.003
> love_actually.mkv.004
> and so on up to
> love_actually.mkv.114
> also includedare files
> love_actually.mkv.vol000+001.115
> up to
> love_actually.mkv.vol255+256.123
> So maybe now you will understand my Question. I want to know how to
> turn these files into a "Movie" that I can play on a player.

There are only 2 options :

1. These are renamed RAR files, renamed into MKV to confuse people. I
dont know who could be doing this, but there are strange people out there.

2. Each of these MKV parts is a playable MKV, means a movie. If you want
to make one long movie from this, you can try to use mkvtoolnix with its
GUI mmg.exe and use  its 'append' feature to concatenate all these short
MKV movies into one long movie. This will only work, however, if each
MKV is using the same video and audio codecs and number of streams in it.

Regards