[Matroska-users] To make them into a movie.

Tom White tp.white at ntlworld.com
Sat Feb 24 15:51:31 CET 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian HJ Wiesner" <chris at matroska.org>
To: "Tom White" <tp.white at ntlworld.com>
Cc: "Questions, help, instructions, talk about Matroska"
<matroska-users at lists.matroska.org>
Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Matroska-users] To make them into a movie.

>>> MKV files are movies already. MKV is not a general packing program like
>>> WinRAR or WinZIP, MKV is a free, flexible mediacontainer similar to AVI
>>> or MPG. You can play MKV files either with VLC player from
>>> http://videolan.org , or you install the CCCP DirectShow pack from
>>> http://packs.matroska.org to play them on Windows Mediaplayer or any
>>> other DirectShow based player.
>>> If you had taken the time to browse http://www.matroska.org , Guides
>>> section, just for 5 minutes, there would have been no reason to ask this
>>> question.
>>> Regards
>>> Christian
>>> matroska project admin
>> Tom White schrieb:
>> I have done that already, I just can`t work it out.
>> What I need is a fools guide.
>> Perhaps I should stick to Quickpar and par files and rar files,
>> you don`t seem to want to help.
>
> How can you expect help, if you dont tell us what you have tried already,
> and why it failed ?
> What can be easier than downloading VLC player, opening the MKV movie and
> playing it ?
> What is there that can not be figured out by a person of normal
> intelligence ?
>
> You sure as hell must be from the USA, those guys are really used to get
> everything free-to-mouth, and to complain HEAVILY if its not as easy as
> that ....
>
> Regards
> Christian
>
> P.S. I for myself would feel embarassed if i would ask for a 'fools guide'
> for myself, but maybe thats a problem of my age/generation ....

Let me try to explain my problem to you.
I have downloaded 124 .mkv files which are just files not a movie.
I now need to extract/or whatever to make these files into a movie.
I am not asking how to play the move, but I want to know how to make these
files into a movie, which I will be able to play using the vlc player.
>Example.
love_actually.mkv.001
love_actually.mkv.002
love_actually.mkv.003
love_actually.mkv.004
and so on up to
love_actually.mkv.114
also includedare files
love_actually.mkv.vol000+001.115
up to
love_actually.mkv.vol255+256.123
So maybe now you will understand my Question. I want to know how to turn
these files into a "Movie" that I can play on a player.