[Matroska-users] To make them into a movie.

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Fri Feb 23 15:05:00 CET 2007

Tom White schrieb:
>>> I have 124 .mkv files. With .rar files I use quickpar and then winrar
>>> to make the .rar files into a movie.
>>> What do I do with .mkv files ?
>>> Any help gratefully recieved.
>> MKV files are movies already. MKV is not a general packing program
>> like WinRAR or WinZIP, MKV is a free, flexible mediacontainer similar
>> to AVI or MPG. You can play MKV files either with VLC player from
>> http://videolan.org , or you install the CCCP DirectShow pack from
>> http://packs.matroska.org to play them on Windows Mediaplayer or any
>> other DirectShow based player.
>> If you had taken the time to browse http://www.matroska.org , Guides
>> section, just for 5 minutes, there would have been no reason to ask
>> this question.
>> Regards
>> Christian
>> matroska project admin
> Tom White schrieb:
> I have done that already, I just can`t work it out.
> What I need is a fools guide.
> Perhaps I should stick to Quickpar and par files and rar files,
> you don`t seem to want to help.

How can you expect help, if you dont tell us what you have tried
already, and why it failed ?
What can be easier than downloading VLC player, opening the MKV movie
and playing it ?
What is there that can not be figured out by a person of normal
intelligence ?

You sure as hell must be from the USA, those guys are really used to get
everything free-to-mouth, and to complain HEAVILY if its not as easy as
that ....

Regards
Christian

P.S. I for myself would feel embarassed if i would ask for a 'fools
guide' for myself, but maybe thats a problem of my age/generation ....