[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 2.0.2 released
digitaldeviant at neo.rr.com
Wed Feb 21 15:01:32 CET 2007
The link in that post was to the old Windows installer. It should be
Thanks for the new build; it's being put in service immediately.
From: matroska-users-bounces at lists.matroska.org
[mailto:matroska-users-bounces at lists.matroska.org] On Behalf Of Moritz
Sent: Wednesday, February 21, 2007 8:37 AM
To: matroska-users at lists.matroska.org
Subject: [Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 2.0.2 released
Hey users & maintainers,
here's mkvtoolnix 2.0.2. A couple of bug fixes, especially in the h.264,
some minor new features is about all. If you compile it yourself make
sure to get libmatroska 0.8.1 which this release depends upon from
The usual links...
...to the home page:
...the source code:
...the Windows Unicode enabled binaries:
More binaries for Linux and other OS are available from the home page.
Here's the ChangeLog since 2.0.0:
2007-02-21 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v2.0.2.
2007-02-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Reintroduced the "--engage allow_avc_in_vfw_mode"
2007-02-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed suppoert for DTS-in-WAV files which
are encoded with 14 bits per word.
2007-02-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Added support for DTS files which use
only 14 out of every 16 bits and which are not stored inside a WAV
2007-01-30 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mmg: Changed the default for the "NALU size length" to
"4" and added a warning if "3" is used.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: File type detection for Qt/MP4 files which
start with a "wide" atom has been fixed.
* mmg: bug fix: The "NALU size length" drop down box is now also
enabled for h.264 tracks read from AVIs and for h.264 tracks
stored in "VfW compatibility mode" in Matroska files.
2007-01-28 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mmg: new feature: Extended the option
"--default-track" so that it can be forced to "off" allowing the
user to create a file for which no track has its "default" flag
set. Fix for bug #224.
2007-01-17 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the wrong "default duration" if the
user used "--default-duration ...23.976fps".
2007-01-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The AVC/h.264 ES reader was losing frames if
the file size was an exact multiple of 1048576 bytes.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The AVC/h.264 ES packetizer produced invalid
CodecPrivate data if the AVCC did not contain the aspect ratio
information. Fix for Bugzilla bug #225.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The Matroska reader passes the correct track
number down to the AVC/h.264 ES packetizer in the case of "AVC
in Matroska stored in VfW mode".
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a crash (segmentation fault) in the
AVC/h.264 ES handling code.
2007-01-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvextract, mkvinfo: new feature: Added support for
using CodecState for signaling changes to CodecPrivate. It is used
for MPEG-1/-2 video if it is turned on with "--engage
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
More information about the Matroska-users