[Matroska-users] Re: matroska files

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 15:54:21 CET 2007

On Feb 4, 2007, at 02.17, Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

> heff schrieb:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a movie in matroska format, and have downloaded the
>> matroskamerge application.  I already have DVD Santa (Full
>> version) so it would seem I have everything I need to burn the
>> movie to a DVD.
>> However, the full movie is contained in TWO SEPARATE files.

Yeah, I hate it when people do that.

>> I tried muxing the two files at the same time, but still got two
>> separate files.  Is there a way I can combine the two files to get
>> one single movie?

No clue how to do it with the GUI, and I'm assuming you use Windows.
I know how to do this, using the CLI, but not the GUI. When typing
out your command line, and specifying the SECOND part, just put a +
in front of it. Like this:
mkvmerge --title "ROFL" --aspect-ratio 0:2.35 [etc.] -o complete.mkv
part1.avi +part2.avi

It's all spelled out in the help documentation.

>> Thanks for your time, and keep up the good work!  I am impressed
>> by the quality of the video and audio I have found using Matroska
>> files.

Yeah, as Chris says, you're thinking of the codecs used, not the
container.