[Matroska-users] Re: What's going on to CC.org ???

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Fri Feb 2 10:40:59 CET 2007

Kurtnoise wrote:
> Steve Lhomme a écrit :
>> Here is what I just replied there:
>>
>> Corecodec.org has been renamed to Coreforge.org. Unfortunately the
>> transition was far from clean so project admins should readd their
>> project there. If needed they can ask CoreCodec for the code than was
>> in the old repositories to add theñ back in the new (not sure history
>> can be kept).
>>
>> I think corecodec.org should redirect to coreforge.org. Dunno why it
>> hasn't been done...
> Ok...thanks for the reply Steve. BlackSun has also added some extra infos.
>

>>> Is there an other place to grab coremake ?
>>
>> Until coreforge.org became stable the SVN was moved to :
>> https://svn.matroska.org/svn/misc/coremake
>>
>> And now it supports XCode :)
> Great...:) btw, I've a question about this. What is(are) the main
> difference(s) between Coremake and CMake ? You like to reinvent the
> wheel, or am I wrong ?

Well, first of all picard created it for CorePlayer to ease our working
process. I don't think he even thought about using something else. Then
we realised other ppl could have use for it (it's now used in DrDivX
too) as it's very simple and efficient.

 From what I saw cmake needs an installation and many files and maybe a
shell or interpreter. Coremake only needs a C compiler that all devs
already have. It also handles ASM out of the box, not sure CMake does
that (I have made a zlib using the ASM for ex).

Coremake is still maturing but it's already very usefull as it is. I
started to move mkvtoolnix (and all the dependencies to it) but I fear
it's not very UNIX style yet (ie it doesn't use a config.h from a
configure script for all dependencies). But if you want to avoid
dependency hell and build all your code and dependency yourself, it's ready.

Steve