[Matroska-users] help with mkv

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 05:55:10 CEST 2007

On Aug 4, 2007, at 19.21, Mario Obrer wrote:

> I have a 2.3 GHz CPU and 512mb of RAM. I can already play other mkv
> files, so...

So we've ruled out your CPU as the culprit. It's possible you're
running out of RAM, but not that likely (unless you're running
FireFox with fifteen open tabs at he same time).

> what about that "unspecified error" thing i get when it loads up VS
> filter?

I'm not big on Windows video stuff these days, and without further
information, there's not much more that *I* can do to help you. You
could try installing VLC and seeing what that does with the file. If
VLC plays it fine, then the problem exists somewhere within the
Windows Video libraries. If VLC chokes, it'll at least give us more
verbose output on the problem.

VLC can be found at videolan.org