[Matroska-users] DVD Santa Problem

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:43:49 CEST 2007

On Jul 31, 2007, at 17.50, Nathan wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a movie I wish to burn to DVD using Santa, and using your
> guide to do so I found that the file wouldn't play in Windows
> Mediaplayer, and I do have the correct codec packs installed.
> Here's the logs for the file, could you please help me out?

You're still missing codecs. The ones you're missing are listed below.

> Track 1 : Video
>    - Codec : Microsoft VFW compatibility mode (V_MS/VFW/FOURCC)
>    - Fourcc : DivX 5.x codec (DX50)
>      - Possible filter : ffdshow
>        - Installed : no
>        - Link : http://sourceforge.net/projects/ffdshow
>      - Possible filter : Divx
>        - Installed : yes, in C:\Program Files\InterVideo\DVD8
> \divxdec.ax (5.0.4.822)
>        - Link : http://www.divx.com

The InterVideo DivX codec might work, but you also might be better
off with a newer version from DivX.com

> Track 2 : Audio
>    - Codec : Vorbis (A_VORBIS)
>      - Possible filter : CoreVorbis
>        - Installed : no
>        - Link : http://corevorbis.corecodec.org

Visit xiph.org to get your Vorbis codec.

> DirectShow RenderFile check :
> Matroska Splitter : Gabest's Matroska Splitter
>    - Installed : no
>    - Can be created : no
> Matroska Splitter : Haali's New Matroska Splitter
>    - Installed : no
>    - Can be created : no
> RenderFile with DirectShow : Cannot play back the file.  The format
> is not supported. (0x80040265)

You're missing the media splitter too. I don't know where to get
that, but the Matroska page probably has a link to it, and Google can
undoubtedly help.

VLC should be able to play this file with no additional codecs
required, however, as well as support any subtitles, multiple audio
tracks, and chapter points.