[Matroska-users] ipod mkv to mpeg4 (MP4)

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 17:39:24 CEST 2007

On Jul 30, 2007, at 08.05, choaswalker1 at aol.com wrote:

> I recently downloaded some mkv files and i would like to put them
> on my IPod but i have to change it to MP4 format do you know any
> programs that lets you download a free converter for apple
> computers. Please Respond.

Well, you happen to be in luck: Macs are my speciality. You're going
to want to look into one of two programs: iSquint or ffmpegX.

Both can read from Matroska file, as well as a wide variety of
codecs, since they're both built upon the FFMPEG libraries. The
difference between the two is that iSquint is essentially a promo
version of VisualHub, and will constantly try to get you to purchase
it, and ffmpegX just has a single splash screen asking you to donate
(it disappears once you do). The iSquint interface is simpler, and if
you don't know what you're doing, you'll be better off with it.
ffmpegX on the other hand has a myriad of features and can do a
plethora of functions (if you know how to work them).

Your call, both are free.