[Matroska-users] Re: Tried everything

Ivan Kowalenko ivan.kowalenko at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:41:39 CEST 2007

On Apr 20, 2007, at 19.48, Danville Clarke wrote:

> matroska-users-request at lists.matroska.org wrote:

[snip]

> 1. problems with mkv files (Miguel Chambergo)
[snip]
I assume when you say "everything" you mean that you have all the
MATROSKA codecs. If not, you can download here:
TAKE EVERYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON!
http://www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html

Make sure that you also get MEDIA PLAYER CLASSIC. Install all the
codecs, splitters, mux tools, MKVextractGUI, and also get the
"MatroskaDiag", very important. The Diag will tell you if the codecs
you have are right. If after you do all that you still can't play the
file..... well i think your file might be corrupted. I hope that that
is not the case but, it happens sometimes. Good luck, your going to
need it.
dannycl
Before you say "the file is corrupt" because the Matroska splitter,
or the H.264/AAC codecs don't function. Windows' registry being
damaged could cause this exact same problem. Try using VLC. It's
statically linked libraries should be immune to problems like this,
and uses its own demuxers and codecs, ruling out problems with
additional Windows components.