[Matroska-users] WHat?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 17:38:26 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/23/06, richard commissione <richard.commissione at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have downloaded libmatroska for fc6 rpm and the files still dont play.
> Seriously do we really need another file format that we need to install
> non working codecs for. I just used up my download limit on files that
> dont even play with your codec.How about you standardize your format and
> make sure it works with every operating system before you release and I
> ahve to put up with people serving these files up on the internet before
> they have seamless support in all media players.

How different is this situation from getting a MS word file and not
being able to open it on your machine because MS Word documents by no
means a standard, rather a "de facto" standard?

Richard, did you seriously considered to complain to Microsoft because
you weren't able to open and modify files generated by MS Word?

Did you complain to Adoble because you weren't able to open
Photoshop's PSD files?

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!