[Matroska-users] MKV file won't play

Dionisio, Chris A dionisic at lafayette.edu
Tue Nov 14 18:49:26 CET 2006

I believe I sent an email last night with a log attached, but I've tried a lot
more things and thought it might be helpful to update you.

I've tried the following:
-Haali Media Splitter
-Combined Community Codec Pack
-VLC Player
-Windows Media Player 10
-BS Player
-The Core Media Player
-Divx Player
-Realplayer
-Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.1.2
-Lazy Man's MKV
-Windows Media Player Classic

I tried using a program called MediaInfo (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en)
to make sure I had the right codec, and it said to use XviD video codec and
vorbis audio codecs. I downloaded both, but it still does not work. When I ran
MatroskaDiag with Haali Media Splitter installed, it produced the log file
that I attached "report.html". When I ran it without the splitter installed,
it produced the log that I attached "report2.html".

Thanks for taking the time to look into this.