[Matroska-users] mkvtoolnix 1.8.0 released
moritz at bunkus.org
Sat Nov 11 11:29:15 CET 2006
Hey users & package maintainers,
I've finally released a new version of mkvtoolnix, 1.8.0. It caontains
the usual stuff -- couple of bug fixes, library compatibility fixes,
enhancements, some minor new features.
Here's my usual link list:
the home page:
the source code:
Unicode enabled binaries for Windows 2000/XP and newer:
Windows 9x/ME binaries:
Binaries for various other Linux distributions are available from the
program's home page.
For the package maintainers: There are two changes to the library
dependencies. The first is that wxWidgets 2.6.0 or newer is required for
building the GUIs. 2.4.x won't work anymore. The second change is that
libPCRE including its C++ wrapper is required. These two changes mean
that a couple of older distributions will probably not be supported
anymore (e.g. I'm not providing binaries for SuSE 9.x or Fedora Core 1 -
3 anymore because they only contain older PCRE versions without the C++
wrapper). On the other hand mkvtoolnix 1.8.0 can be compiled against the
newest FLAC version.
Here's the ChangeLog since 1.7.0 for those who want the details
regarding mkvtoolnix' changes:
2006-11-10 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Released v1.8.0.
* mkvmerge: Changed the CodecID for AAC audio tracks to "A_AAC" by
default. The CodecPrivate contains the same initialization data
that are stored in the ESDS in MP4 files for AAC tracks. The old
CodecIDs (e.g. "A_AAC/MPEG4/SBR") can be turned on again with
2006-11-08 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: Reworked the "input tab" and split track options into two
sub-pages. Also added an input for the "stereo mode" parameter for
2006-11-07 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for the "stereo mode"
flag for video tracks.
2006-11-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: For MP4 files with certain CTTS contents
mkvmerge would use negative timecodes for a couple of
frames. Those frames were dropped and mkvmerge often ended up
eating huge amounts of memory and crashing afterwards.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: AAC-in-MP4 with the LC profile was sometimes
misdetected as having a SBR extension and an output sampling
frequency of 96000 Hz. Fixes Anthill bug 210.
2006-10-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: Added support for API changes in the upcoming FLAC
library v1.1.3. Patch by Josh Coalson (see AUTHORS).
2006-09-29 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the random number generation on
Windows. On Windows 9x/ME mkvmerge would simply hang. On newer
versions the function was accessing invalid memory and was
2006-09-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: SSA/ASS subtitles with comments before the
"[script info]" line were not identified.
2006-09-25 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Made the checks for SRT timecodes a bit less
strict (e.g. allow fewer than three digits after the comma).
2006-07-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Comments in OGM files were not handled if
mkvmerge was called in identification mode. One obvious result was
that neither the track language nor the file title was imported
2006-06-16 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: The "stretch" input box was not accepting the same
syntax that mkvmerge's "--sync" parameter accepts.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: PCM audio data with 4 bits per Sample caused
mkvmerge to allocate all available memory. Patch by Robert Millan
2006-06-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Mixed up two tool tips on the "settings" tab.
2006-06-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* Build system: bug fix: Moved some @...@ style variables from
configure.in to Makefile.in where they belong (very recent
autoconf versions were choking on those).
2006-06-01 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: new feature: Added an option for always using simple
* mmg: new feature: Pre-set the "delay" input field for audio
tracks if the file name contains something like "DELAY XX" where
XX is a number.
2006-05-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mmg: enchancement: After adding files with drag&drop the next
"open file" dialog will start in the directory the last file came
2006-05-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz at bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: mkvmerge will no longer create empty files
(meaning neither input files nor things like chapters etc have
Have a nice weekend.
If Darl McBride was in charge, he'd probably make marriage
unconstitutional too, since clearly it de-emphasizes the commercial
nature of normal human interaction, and probably is a major impediment
to the commercial growth of prostitution. - Linus Torvalds
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the Matroska-users