[Matroska-users] DvdSanta Alternative

KiwiMutant robeale at ihug.co.nz
Sun Nov 5 05:12:36 CET 2006

Is there an alternative program to DvdSanta. Of all my dvd files Santa
will only recognise the audio stream of one, which shows the audio type
as PCM. It will not recognise audio streams in mkv files that are AAC,
ac3 or mp3. I don't know what to do. Have used mkvmerge to separate the
audio file, then used Xilisoft converter to convert AAC to mp3 or wave,
but get error: Max no. scalefactor bands exceeded. Roxio does not
recognise mkv files and niether will Nero 7. Have now loaded my PC with
every software I can find. DivX, DvdSanta, Dvd Shrink Undisker, Dvd
Decryptor etc etc etc. Nothing will allow me to use this file other than
Core Media player to view it but how can I write it to disk. Used your
advice and installed ChanelDownmixer but this doesn't seem to do
anything. Once I have opened the mkv file with mkvmerge and selected the
particular Audio file with the video file and muxed. What do I do next
when DvdSanta won't support the audio format. Any suggestions please?
Cheers
R.