[Matroska-users] Help

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Thu Mar 23 18:32:18 CET 2006

Jose Santos schrieb:

> Hi
> I have trouble playing an MKV file i only get video and it wont play
> any sound (Installing Matroska Pack Lite). Now I have Windows XP Media
> Center and every time I install Matroska Pack Full i can hear the
> sound but i cant play any media on Media canter.
> What can i do to fix this?

Apparently our pack is incompatible with XP Mediacenter. As nobody in
the dev team does have it, and M$ (as always) refuses to document this
stuff properly, nobody also has the possibility nor the motivation to
fix this. Sorry. Try VLC 0.8.4 player from http://www.videolan.org , as
its not DirectShow based.