[Matroska-users] Re: Different audio track inside a file

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Mar 16 12:22:03 CET 2006

Hi,

Francesco Tusa wrote:
> Hi. I'd like to mux:
>
> 1) Video track 23.976 fps
> 2) Audio DTS same length of video
> 3) AC3 track shorter than video (25 fps)
>
> How can I get the audio synchronized with video in both cases?
>
> I've also tried to stretch the track 3) by a factor 25/23.976.
>
> I've tried to use external timestamps for the track 3) (getting them
> from the 2)).
>
> Any idea is well come.

There is something called Track Timecode Scale that allows you to mux a
file that can play video according to the timecode of other tracks.
Unfortunately I'm not really sure any player can support that for the
moment.

mkvmerge can probably create such a file. Then you'll have to try
Haali's Media Splitter, MPC's internal splitter and VLC to see if any of
them can do that.

Steve