[Matroska-users] Different audio track inside a file

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Wed Mar 15 07:32:52 CET 2006

Duct Tape Tip No. 94:
     Display your concern for animal welfare:
     Tape turtles shell to shell so if they get accidentally turned
over, they can still get where they're going
     --The Duct Tape Book by Jim and Tim

On Mar 14, 2006, at 15.19, Francesco Tusa wrote:

> Hi. I'd like to mux:
>
> 1) Video track 23.976 fps
> 2) Audio DTS same length of video
> 3) AC3 track shorter than video (25 fps)
Uhh, last I checked, audio wasn't measured in frames (at least, not
in the same way that video frames exist)

> How can I get the audio synchronized with video in both cases?
>
> I've also tried to stretch the track 3) by a factor 25/23.976.
This goes back to the frame point. How long is the video? How long is
the out-of-sync audio track? Stretch the file by that factor to fit.
But there may be another problem. Once I ran across a video where the
audio grew progressively out of sync. Unfortunately, the Matroska
tools don't have an option to counteract progressive loss of A/V
sync, but OGM tools did. I muxed the b0rk'd audio with the video in
OGMmerge, and then pulled that into MKVmerge.